Thursday, February 12, 2015

Teaching in the Park



Singing in the park

  
Hello All!
This has been a great week! I can´t believe that I am more than halfway through the CCM (Spain MTC). It is a real blessing to be here. I take it for granted sometimes that probably at no other time in my life do I get to study the word ofGod 24/7. Even in language study we focus on the words that we need to teach. I love being here even though it can feel like a prison at times it is only a prison of the body while the mind and the spirit are exercised to their fullest. I love the opportunity though on Saturdays to go out into the Park to talk with people in their native tongue. It is probably the hardest thing I have ever had to do and yet for some reason I am always super excited every Saturday morning. The hardest part is trying to talk to people on the metro. But I keep learning and working to do better each week I go. At the park we always go with different companions than our normal companions at the CCM. This week I was with Elder Kirby (from England going to the Madrid Mission with me) and a native Russian Elder going to the Samara Russia mission. At first I was very nervous about going with an Elder who we could not communicate with because he speaks neither English or Spanish but he was a huge blessing. We ran into a man that spoke only Russian. It was really cool because he really wanted to know more so our Russian companion talked with him for about 30 minutes about the book of Mormon and the message of the restoration, or at least I think that’s what they were talking about. Elder Kirby and I felt pretty useless, but it was cool to see that God knows where His children are and how we can best help.

I am grateful for all of you and I am grateful for your letters and emails. When the days get hard and the language seems unattainable and then there is a letter sitting in the mailbox with my name on it, or I can go back up to my room after dinner and read the counsel and love in past letters to me, I know that with the Lord is at my side and I can do it. Thank you for your prayers. I feel their effect in my life.

Love, 
Elder Gustafson


No comments:

Post a Comment