Monday, April 13, 2015

Seafood Week!



What a great week we've had! It's been difficult as we are trying to find new investigators that are going to start progressing but I have come to learn to enjoy contacting in the streets as my Spanish improves and I can understand and speak more than the same memorized phrase.

A couple of great experiences that we've had included a testigo couple that we talked with. We spoke with them for a while and it ended with Cesar, one of them, giving us candy. One of the things that we talked about was the importance of having good leaders in government. It was interesting to think about the role of government in the plan that God has prepared for us. In my personal study I studied D&C 134 which was really cool. I would encourage you to read it.  I love this first verse. “We believe that governments were instituted of God for the benefit of man; and that he holds men accountable for their acts in relation to them, both in making laws and administering them, for the good and safety of society.”

It is interesting to me that earthly governments were established of God but that all men will be held accountable for their actions in these positions. Meaning, while God instituted earthly governments, men still have that precious gift of agency that God will never take away. Quite often we hear in the streets “why does God let bad things happen to good people?” Generally there are two responses that we use. First that God will never take away another man’s agency and second that we are all here for a reason to go through the test of life. In order to have a good test of our character we must have difficulties that stretch and pull us. Thus God does not take away the agency of men even when they are in positions that He has instituted and are choosing to do bad.

This week has been a great week to explore with foods. I have had calamari (squid) , pulpo (octopus) , langostino (giant shrimp  I think called prawns in English) but has all been super good. I really love paella and the sea food that we have been eating. It's super good! Life is so awesome here in Galicia it's the best!

Love
Elder Gustafson

P.S. Sorry no pictures this week I'm writing on a members iPad and can't upload, but I have some cool ones for next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment