Monday, July 13, 2015

Obedience & Blessings



My new companion, Elder Bartholomew
Pontevedra is the best. What a great week we have had full of miracles and amazing people. My new companion, Elder Bartholomew, is amazing. He is a great missionary who is excited to work hard and be here in Galicia. He has been out about a year and I'm excited to be able to work with him. 

This week has been a week of contacting in the streets. Every week we spend a lot of time contacting but this week we made the effort to try to talk with everyone as much as we could. I have seen the Lord put people in our path that are prepared to listen. There are a lot of people who don't want to listen to but every day the Lord has put people who are willing to talk and are great people. Elder Bartholomew and I have made a goal to be as exactly obedient as we can be in all that we do and we have seen the results in that. Besides just seeing the people that we have met and the miracles with our investigators I personally feel happiest and most confident when I know that I am doing all that I can do to obey the rules that have been set out. I know that the same is true for everyone. When we are obeying the commandments from God we feel the true joy that comes from having the companionship of the Holy Ghost.

This week with Pili we had another great lesson about the plan of salvation. I love this lesson because it always gives me a better perspective on life. When we have this perspective about life it is so much easier to be obedient. We are here to learn, progress, achieve eternal life and help others to do exactly the same thing. It is harder to be disobedient than it is to be obedient because when we are disobedient we miss out on the blessings from God and especially the Holy Ghost.

We have seen the blessings showing forth in the life of Victor as well. He continues to feel the spirit as he comes to church, reads, and prays. I am grateful for him and his desires to be better and be obedient to the commandments of God.

This is a great time in Pontevedra with great things coming up and I am super excited to be here with Elder Bartholomew.

Love,
Elder Gustafson
 
A park in Vigo we visited last p-day.




Went to the American store!


No comments:

Post a Comment