Wednesday, June 1, 2016

The Office


With the Family Garcia - A Coruna

May 30, 2016

When President Pack calls on Saturday morning of transfers you know that he isn´t calling to chat. He called me to serve in the office of the mission as the secretary responsible for apartments and vehicles. It has been kind of a storm of emotions and thoughts and feelings about this new assignment but I understand that the Lord´s plan is much better than mine.

Anyways this last week has been amazing! We have had some of the most spiritual lessons of my mission. We met with Lola on Saturday and we were able to teach her about the plan of salvation. She has a son who is serving a mission and because of the sacrifices that he has made, she wants to learn more about what is so important to him. There was a moment during the lesson when she expressed a doubt about not being able to be perfect enough to gain the celestial kingdom. We talked about the atonement of Jesus Christ and how God does not require us to be perfect, instead he requires that we progress. I am so grateful for that, I don´t need to be perfect, just keep progressing.

Life on the mission is already super crazy! I got here (Madrid) last night, they flew me down first class in order to get me and my suitcases in on Sunday night. It was pretty much the nicest flight I have ever taken, I got two drinks, almonds, and as much leg room as I wanted. I got in at about 11:00 and then began running around picking up more people. We got home at about 12:30. We currently are 7 elders in our piso which is a lot but it will be a whole lot of fun, until we can find the APs a new piso. This morning we went running out the door to get more people to the airport and have been going all day long. It is going to be a whole lot of fun in the next five transfers here in the office.

Anyways, I love you all, have a wonderful week!

Elder Gustafson




With Patricio
With Rafa





Rainbow in Galacia


No comments:

Post a Comment