Friday, April 22, 2016

City of Rain

April 18, 2016

The members here take good care of us!

A Coruña is the city of rain. I'm not quite sure if I live by the sea or in the sea some times. I kind of feel bad for the people in Noah's time after having been warned that they needed to repent for forty years, Noah goes in his arc, locks the door and it starts raining, and keeps raining and keeps raining and just won't stop raining. It must not have been very pleasant but that's what comes from disobeying God. I'm just glad for beautiful days like today, sun shining, beautiful blue sky, sweater weather, life is good! "For it must needs be that there is an opposition in all things." -Lehi.

Yesterday at church we had an amazing day. We had six of our investigators come and three of the less actives that we are working with! We confirmed Iris which was great. She has such a strong testimony of how the gospel can bless her and how it will help her and her family change and grow. I loved from general conference, Elder Bednar explained that the phrase "Receive the Holy Ghost" is a divine commandment for us to follow, not only a blessing pronounced upon us. I am grateful for the Holy Ghost and the guidance that I have received in my life from that still small voice.

I also got to speak in sacrament meeting on the reason why we invite others to come unto Christ. It was a great topic that I love talking about. I invite others to come unto Christ because I know of the peace and joy that has come to me as I use the atonement in my life. It is only through the waters of baptism that we can come into full access of that atonement. I invite others to come into the waters of baptism because I want them to feel what I have felt and be able to confront trials and temptations with the protection of the Holy Ghost. There is absolutely no better gift to show the world than this. I love this work. I love my Savior.

Love,
Elder Gustafson

Beautiful Coruna!


No comments:

Post a Comment