Monday, April 11, 2016

La Cuesta Cuesta

"The Hill Costs" or essentially it requires great effort to get to the top of a hill. 


A Coruña is full of hills both physically as well as emotionally. We hit a great peak last week with all of the many miracles that we saw. We had a splendid view of the world of God's hand in our missions, then we got to Monday. That evening we went to visit Cauini and she told us that she didn't want to talk with us again. It was a rough blow after seeing a baptism the day before and knowing the powerful future that she can choose. We are praying that she has a change of heart. We know though that the hard times are just to get up to another beautiful peak. 

Baptism of Iris and Jose Antonio
In the following days we visited a mother, Yeiri, and and her two kids. We had a beautiful lesson with them where the Spirit testified of how the gospel could bless their family. At the end of the lesson we asked them, If you were in our shoes what would you invite yourselves to do? The little girl said "Go to church", her brother soon followed, "read the scriptures and go to church", finally the mother said very quietly "to get baptized". Without wanting to jump the gun we went and started with the girl, setting a specific goal to come to church, then with the boy giving him specific things to read, then finally with the mother, "Did you say get baptized?" She had and was able to pick a date for her and her two children to get baptized. Miracles happen. They are real. They are not wrought by man but through him when the Spirit is with him. I know that her decision was based on her desire to unite with God and His principles in His church by His Authority because His Spirit had testified to her. I love my Father and the miracles that are happening around us here in Coruña.

I also want to take some space to tell the world that I have the greatest family in the world. I am grateful for their examples to me. They lift me and inspire me. I am grateful for them and their prayers on my behalf and on behalf of the people that I have the opportunity to teach. I am so grateful for the blessings of restored priesthood keys that bind not only on earth but in heaven as well. I am grateful to be able to live with them for eternity.

Quizás la cuesta cuesta pero vale la pena. Maybe the hill requires great effort but it's worth it.


At the top of every hill there is a beautiful view waiting for us. Let us never forget that. One day we will be able to reach the top of the mountain and be able to live with our families in eternity and continue in the quest of bringing to pass the immortality and eternal life of man. Remember the vision, always have it in mind and the trials and difficulties will be made light.

I am grateful for you all.
I love you all.
Elder Gustafson
Elder Gustafson with a cannon.

Missionaries on a cannon

Elder Gustafson and Elder Hathaway with the Tower of Hercules in the background.

A Coruna



No comments:

Post a Comment